Saturday 13 August 2011

One Bards Response to the Looting




I have pondered hard and long on what my response as a Bard should be to the awful events of the last week, should I be angry at a society that allows young people to be so disenfranchised that they resort to rioting? Make no mistake not all the rioters were in it for the looting.

Should I be dismayed that professional agitators were there to make sure that the riots started in the first place? Because make no mistake again they were there. Should I be angry at a society that is made up of the haves and the have nots?



The answer to all the above questions is yes I should be both angry and dismayed and make no mistake I am but I have also been asking myself what I can do as a Bard to make the situation better. As a Bard I think my role is to share the beauty I see around me, to try and heal broken hearts and sooth troubled souls, to pour oil on troubled waters, I will leave the deep political arguments to others. So you will see no political diatribes from me just words I hope of comfort, hope and inspiration.



Pangur-ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment