Wednesday 19 January 2011

Elen of the Ways: A Poem

Autumns chill gripped the land
Decorating her in misty garments
And it was then one misty morning
I met her Milady Elen of the Ways.

Down the old forest tracks I wandered
In and out of the secret ways I went.
And there She stood the one I sought
Flame haired Milady Elen of the Ways.

My search had been long and twisted
Clouded by mist like the land itself
My spirit yearning for what it knew not
Till I saw Milady Elen of the Ways.

Then she faded into the morning mists
Will you not stay? I asked.
Will you not follow? Her reply.
My enigmatic Milady Elen of the ways.

Pangur-ban 2/10/2009

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Poem :D
    thought you might enjoy this poem which i wrote after the style of an ancient druidic invocation, my Beltane Blessing machinima film
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VElZSplpxQc
    Bright Blessings
    elf ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Could you tell me who the artist is of the blue lady with the antlers?
    Thanks Jen Hanlon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soory I cannot Jen it was just an image I came across in google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I may be of help. The artist is Katrina Sesum. She has a website katrinasesum.com. She is also on Facebook, tumblr and others. I am sure if you ask her, she would appreciate a link back to her website now that you know her name.

    ReplyDelete